Total donated to LegaSea since July 2018
Thank you to everyone who has supported Kōparepare Wines – since launching the brand in 2018 we have been able to donate over $62,000 to protect and restore our marine environment in New Zealand.
Contributions to our marine environment
LegaSea is a non-profit organisation dedicated to restoring the abundance, biodiversity and health of New Zealand’s marine environment. The funds donated through Kōparepare Wines will help LegaSea's work through various campaigns including:
- The Coromandel Scallop Restoration Programme to help restore the scallop life to abundance in the Coromandel,
- The Kai Ika Project, promoting full utilisation of fish and repurposing fish waste for communities who value these parts of the fish,
- The Fish Care Campaign, promoting best practice techniques to recreational fishers to care for their catch,
- The Rescue Fish Campaign, a holistic solution to remedy depleted fish stocks and address environmental damage,
- Advocacy work to restore declining fish stocks to abundance in NZ.
The giving doesn't stop there
Thank you to all who have enjoyed the wines, shared the wines with your friends and family and spread the word about these delicious wines and the support for the LegaSea cause. We couldn’t have done it without you and it really is the best of both worlds, knowing that you can drink great wine and support a worthy cause at the same time.
You can continue to enjoy these beautiful wines knowing that you are supporting LegaSea's work with $1 from every 750ml bottle that you purchase donated to the LegaSea cause.
Together, restoring our oceans