We recognise that sustainability is a journey. It is a part of our ethos, guiding us toward a more ecological, economical and socially responsible approach to creating award winning wines; using ethical and sustainable production to achieve a better future for us all.
As a business we recognise the importance of following a model for environmental practices in the vineyard and winery. Whitehaven is accredited by Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand (SWNZ) for embracing the industry standards of water and energy conservation, recycling and biodiversity in their vineyards.
- Our award winning wines are sustainably produced from grapes grown in vineyards that have been certified as sustainable by winegrowing New Zealand (SWNZ) and Appellation Marlborough Wine (AMW).
- All our Sauvignon Blanc are Appellation Marlborough Wine accredited (AMW). This certification guarantees the consumer a promise of quality, 100% Marlborough origin, authentically New Zealand and sustainably produced. Not all Sauvignon Blanc carry this important accreditation.
- We have completed full carbon assessments in an effort to measure carbon use, and opportunities to reduce.
- We have set up full monitoring and analysis of our energy usage and are making changes in the winery to achieve better efficiency.
- Our winery is BioGro certified for the production of organic wine.